With colours changing and leaves falling, a lot happens in our gardens in November. Take a look at our tips on what needs doing in the garden this November.
1. Plant Autumn/Winter bedding, and Tulip bulbs now.
2. Insulate your outdoor containers to protect from frost, using bubble wrap or fleece.
3. Plant Shrubs, Trees, and Fruit trees; before the ground becomes too cold & wet (we have a large range now in)
4. Prune Roses to prevent windrock/ root damage by pruning them by one-third.
5. Cut down perennials, allowing you to clear any weeds found, then mulch the surrounding soil with bark or strulch.
6. Harvest root vegetables, Autumn brassicas, Oriental leaves, and late-season salad crops (new season's seed collections are now in)
7. Pick Autumn raspberries, sow broad bean seeds outdoors, and plant garlic and rhubarb crowns.
8. In case of increasing rainfall raise containers onto pot feet to prevent waterlogging.
9. Keep on top of leaf raking and keeping your pond clear of all debris.
10. Continue to supply wildlife with food and shelter as they can struggle this time of year.